• Accessibility Dropdown
  • Social Medias
    • Facebook Page
    • Twitter Page
    • youtube Page
  • Sitemap


Start Date : 20 Sep, 2023
Last Date : 05 Oct, 2023

The scheme titled as “Affordable Rental Housing Complexes” for providing rental housing for EWS/LIG urban migrants including labour, urban poor (street vendors, rickshaw pullers, other service providers etc.), industrial workers, and migrants working with market/trade associations, educational/health institutions, hospitality sector, long term tourists / visitors, students or any other persons of such category at Sunjwan, Jammu.
Post COVID-19, Hon’ble Prime Minister has given clarion call for “Aatma Nirbhar Bharat” to promote economic activities. Aligned with this vision, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has initiated Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) with an aim at creating vibrant, sustainable and inclusive affordable rental housing avenues for urban migrants/ poor by ‘aggregation of their demand at a given site’ with all civic amenities.
J&K Housing Board, a Semi-Government, Autonomous and Statutory Organization, came into being with effect from 31st March 1976 by a legislative Act No. VII of 1976. The Board has been established with an aim to provide affordable shelter in the form of plots/flats by developing Housing Colonies & residential complexes across Jammu & Kashmir for different income groups of the society. Up till now, it has developed and allotted more than 10,000 plots of different sizes in various colonies at Kashmir & Jammu divisions under self-financing scheme. Housing colonies & flatted accommodation for EWS/LIG, MIG & HIG are mandated as per Act to be developed by JKHB not only in capital cities and District headquarters but also in Rural areas. The major housing projects presently undertaken are 760 EWS flats at Bhalwal, Jammu, Development of Smart Township at Chatterhama Ganderbal, Development of colony/flatted accommodation at Bakoora, Ganderbal, Flatted accommodation at Birpur, Samba, Mega project at Gole Market Jammu, Development of Housing Colony at Chak Bhalwal, Jammu, Regularisation of Satellite township at Chani Rama, Housing colony at Watapura, Bandipora and many more are in the pipeline.
Keeping in tune with the fast-changing urban landscape of Jammu & Kashmir and mountain stress on its scare land resources, the J&K Housing Board has again embarked upon the ambitious initative of exploring transformative and sustainable solution for affordable housing in the city by pioneering the concept of vertical colonies with integrated community facilities including Rental Housing as per provision of Jammu and Kashmir Housing, Affordable Housing, Slum Redevelopment and Rehabilitation and Township Policy – 2020.

Application Fee : 500.00/-

Location : Sunjwan Jammu

Department : Jammu Kashmir Housing Board

View Brochure        


1. The applicant must be citizen of India and migrated to Jammu from any part of India temporarily or permanently, for employment/ education/ long term tourist visit are eligible under ARHC, Sunjwan Jammu.
2. Only EWS/LIG families are eligible to apply. Income of EWS family does not exceed Rs 3.00 Lakhs for EWS & 6.00 Lakhs for LIG and are presently residing in rented accommodation or informal settlements in and around Jammu city.
3. A flats under ARHC at Sunjwan shall be allotted only to a family comprising of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.
4. An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household.
5. The applicant should mandatorily have Aadhar and should submit proof of Income, employment & perusing education (for students) while applying for allotment of rental flats at Sunjwan, Jammu under ARHC by visiting the J&K Housing Mission website http://www.jkhm.in
Govt. Employees are not eligible under the scheme.

Documents to be attached

  • Certificate from educational Institution / Bonafied Certificate
  • Income Certificate of Parent’s from Revenue Department (original place of residence)
  • Permanent Address Proof (Voter ID/ Passport/Driving License)
  • Labour Card or Certificate Labour Department
  • Certificate from Employer (on Letter head)
  • Income Certificate from Revenue Department (original place of residence)
  • Income Certificate from Employer. (on Letter head)
  • Affidavit duly attested by Notary as per the prescribed format